MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
** Homecoming Information **
- Homecoming Week is September 17-21! Our theme this year is “Roadtrip USA.”
- MHS Homecoming Theme Days: Homecoming Themed Days Flyer
- Murica Monday: A Celebration of America, It’s Peoples, It’s Diversity,
all the best parts of the U.S.A.
- Comfy Travel Tuesday: Pajama, Relaxing Clothes and a relaxing mood
- Western Wednesday: Cowboys, Gauchos, the wild west and rodeo wear
- Tropical Thursday: Sand, Sun, Fun all with a sand and sun mindset
- Muskie Spirit: Need a dose of purple and gold in your soul? Today is your day.
- Homecoming Community Events:
- Monday, Sept. 17: Powder Puff Game @ 7pm – MHS Football Field ($3 admission)
- Thursday, Sept. 20: Homecoming Parade @ 6pm – Mulberry Street
- Thursday, Sept. 20: Homecoming Coronation @ 7:30pm – MHS Gym
- Friday, Sept. 21: Homecoming Football Game @ 6pm
($6 adult, $5 student, Activity Passes & Punch Cards Accepted)
- Homecoming Dance Tickets are now being sold outside Student Services in the mornings before school and after school until 4pm. Tickets will NOT be sold during Lunch. They will be sold until Friday, September 21st and are $10 each. Make sure to get yours soon!
- Homecoming Dance: Saturday, Sept. 22, MHS Gym, 9pm-12am !
- Homecoming Guest Permission Form: If you plan to bring a non-MHS guest to the Homecoming Dance on Sept. 22, please stop by the Assistant Principal’s office
(Room 12-001) and pick up a permission form. Homecoming Guest Permission Forms are due on or before Monday, September 17. Guests must be approved before a ticket may be purchased.
** Daily News & Information **
- Seniors: Jostens will be at MHS TODAY, Sept 12th, during Lunch in front of Student Services to take graduation item orders.
- Yoga is offered 5th period from 1pm-1:45 & after school 3:35-4:05pm in Rm 22-007 to all staff and students.
- FFA Meeting: There will be an FFA meeting Thursday during Muskie Time in Rm 13-008E –
Mr. Paul’s classroom. FFA Meetings will be the 2nd Thursday of each month. All Ag Students are welcome.
- Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) is presenting “How to Pay for College: A Guide to the Financial Aid Process” on Wednesday, September 19th at 6PM at the Muscatine Community College Student Center.
The financial aid process can be daunting. From completing the application to understanding award letters, developing a plan to pay for college is one of the most important steps in the college process. This program covers:
* Financial Aid Process
* FAFSA Application Review
* Understanding the Results of the Application
* Understanding Costs – College Comparisons
* Aid Options
* Scholarship Process
* Where to Go For Help
- New Scholarships Added: See Scholarship section below.
- Freshman Boys’ Basketball: Any freshmen boys interested in playing basketball this winter please contact Coach Windham by email, [email protected]
- The Magic the Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons Clubs will have meetings for students interested in participating on Tuesday, Sept. 18th at the beginning of both lunch segments in Ben Johns’s office (13-012A, the office with the window by the Auditorium). The club will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in the commons starting on Tuesday, Sept 18th. We will eventually have some free Magic intro decks if you’re interested, but have no cards. See Ben Johns, Shane Palmer, or Devin LeRette if you have any questions.
- Lifeguard Courses will be offered from Friday, October 5 – Sunday, October 7 at the Muscatine Y. This is an excellent opportunity for students to get Lifeguard Certified so that they can get a job this fall/winter at the YMCA or next summer with the Y, at the Muscatine Aquatic Center, or at Geneva Country Club. The Lifeguard Certification is valid for two years, so some older students may even be able to take this certification to college and work at the campus pools. Lifeguarding is a great first job for students, and the skills can translate to many fields including healthcare, EMT/Fire Services, Sports and Fitness, and so many more. Lifeguard Course Flyer
- Boys’ & Girls’ Cross Country Meet in Fort Madison on Sept. 13th has been moved to the Fort Madison Middle School located at: 502 48th St, Fort Madison, IA 52627
- Senior March Forms: Senior March Forms will be at the Attendance Center by end of day September 10th and will be available for pick up through this Friday, September 14th.
Students must have at least 16 credits and be in their fourth year of high school in order to participate in the Senior March. Students who have turned in this permission slip and paid $5 will be dismissed between 10:30 and 11:00 am on Friday, September 21, 2018 for the Senior March. All students attending should meet in the Commons. Students will first sign the senior wall in the gym hallway and then march to the Red Brick Building where they will be fed sandwiches, chips, and cookies. Students will leave the Red Brick Building by school bus once finished.
Students are not allowed to drive to the Red Brick Building. Please turn in permission slips during school hours to the Attendance Center by Monday, September 17, 2018 at 3:30pm. Exact change is required. Late forms and payment will not be accepted. If you should have any questions please contact Mrs. Walsh at: [email protected]
- Muskie Apparel Store is Now Open! The apparel store closes on 9/23! More items have been added!
Muskie Apparel Store
- Seniors: If you missed the Jostens graduation meeting, you can pick up a packet of information in Student Services.
- Seniors: Jostens will be at MHS on Sept 12th during Lunch in front of Student Services to take graduation item orders.
NOTE: If you are gone on the day the Jostens rep is here, you can drop off your Jostens forms in Student Services prior to the day (9/12). We will submit your forms for you. Also, if you have an item to pick up, we will hold it in Student Services until you return.
- Seniors: Pictures for the yearbook: At this time Jostens doesn’t have the link set up yet for pictures to be uploaded but you will be notified when it is ready. The due date will be
November 16th and instructions will be sent out as soon as the link is ready.
- Career Exploring Programs for this Fall:
John Deere Program John Deere Application Genesis Career Program
- Flickinger Learning Center Volunteer Open House: Sept. 14, 2018 @ 6:30pm – HELP WANTED!
Flickinger Learning Center Volunteer Open House Info
- The Yearbook staff have several extra yearbooks from the previous years: 2012-2013, 2013-2014 & 2015-2016. We will sell them for $20. Please contact Ms. Brown at [email protected] if interested.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Activity Punch Cards for the general public can be purchased at the Attendance Center or at any sporting or concert event. 10 punches for $40 and can be shared among family or friends! Get yours today and save money!
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
- 2018-19 Curriculum Guide: 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **