MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
** Daily News & Information **
- Interested in MHS Wrestling? There will be a mandatory team meeting on Thursday, November 1st during Muskie Time (10:01-10:36 AM) in Coach Kane’s room 12-015. Join MHS Wrestling now!!!
- Key Club Meeting will be held this Thursday during Muskie Time in Rm 21-026! It’s not too late to join – come help make a difference in your school & community through service! Sign up on Adaptive Scheduler with Mrs. Rauenbuehler!
- Operation Wallacea South Africa Trivia Night will take place on Thursday, Nov. 8th – 6:30pm at the Fruitland Community Center-104 Sand Run Rd, Fruitland. 10 people per team/$10 per person. All proceeds make the Operation Wallacea South Africa student trip possible! See flyer for more details. Contact Allison Coffman with any questions at [email protected] Operation Wallacea Trivia Night Info
- Canball Tournament (Boys’ Volleyball): Student Council’s Annual Canball Tournament will be held November 1st at 4pm in the MHS gym. Spectators are welcome!; entry fee is $3 or 5 canned goods. Proceeds from the event will be donated to MCSA.
- NEW LOCATION! Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA): We will meet this week in the STUDY HALL room (22-001). See you on Wednesday! Sign up in Adaptive Scheduler.
- NEW LOCATION AND START TIME! Girls’ Basketball Open Gym is this week is on Thursday, November 1st from 5:30-7:00pm in the Chuck VanHecke Center.
- Girls’ Basketball Parent Meeting will be held on Nov. 1st at 7:30pm in the MHS Commons. All parents of girls’ basketball players should plan to attend.
- Girls’ Basketball Practice officially begins Monday, November 5th at 3:45pm in the main gym.
- Winterguard – Are you interested in trying out Color Guard? Well here is your chance if you have watched the marching bands halftime show and thought that tossing and spinning the flags and other equipment looked fun, then this is a great time to try it out. Winterguard will meet on Thursday afternoons from 4 – 5 pm during the months of November and December in First Baptist Church’s gym – 3003 Mulberry Ave. Whether you can make it to every session or just a couple we would love for you to join us on November 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th, December 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th. Winterguard is open to anyone in grades 6th – 12th from beginners to those who already are part of the Color Guard team. If you have any questions please contact Carolyn Hurlbut at [email protected]
- Softball Parent Meeting: There will be a Softball Parent Meeting on Sunday Nov. 4th at 4pm in the MHS Commons. This includes 8th grade parents of girls that anticipate playing softball in the Spring.
- Seniors – FAFSA Completion: You can stop by Ms. Beran’s office in Student Services or email at [email protected] to schedule a time to meet. Even if you are undecided on a college, you can still complete the FAFSA. Don’t wait until last minute!
- Boys’ and Girls’ Bowling will have their first practice on Nov. 6th @ 4pm at Rose Bowl Lanes.
- Key Club Blood Drive: Any MHS Students & Staff interested in donating blood for the Key Club Blood Drive on Monday, Nov. 5th needs to sign up with a Key Club member or email Mrs. Keltner at [email protected]
- Football Banquet: The Player/Parent Football Banquet will take place on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 6pm in the MHS Auditorium.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below.
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below (February 2019).
- Interested in Cosmetology? Attend “A Day Behind the Chair” at The Salon Professional Academy in Iowa City. You’ll walk in the shoes of our current students, meet our educators, and have a hands on experience while trying on the life of a cosmetology student! A Day Behind The Chair Info
- A Day Behind the Chair
- Wednesday, November 7, 1:30-4:30 pm
- The Salon Professional Academy- 1550 S 1st Ave, Iowa City
- Join us for an exclusive day of learning & fun with our students! Free pedicures, skin analysis, mannequin styling, light refreshments, and learning. Space is limited and a reservation is required. Call or text 312-730-3483 to reserve your spot.
- Juniors & Sophomores-University of Iowa Health Care Tour Day: The University of Iowa Health Care tour days are open to juniors and sophomores interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare field. Students will engage in interactive tours and experiences throughout the University of Iowa Health Care campus including the UI Carver College of Medicine and the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics. These visits may include simulations, career exploration and learning STEM education principles. Lunches will be provided.
Sign-up at the Student Services offices. Deadline: Friday, November 2nd.
- MHS Canvases for Sale: We are in the process of updating canvas pictures that are displayed throughout Muscatine High School. Certain canvases are available for purchase based on Administration approval for $65. If you are interested in a specific canvas, please contact Doreen Borde in the Principal’s office by email at [email protected] or by calling 263-6141 ext. 1116. It would be helpful if you could provide a snapshot of the canvas and name(s) of subject on the canvas, as well as, where the canvas is displayed (Commons/Gym area, Auditorium, Ag, Science, etc.). You will be notified if the canvas you are requesting is available and when to pick up.
- REMINDER Elite Sports apparel orders can be picked up in the Athletics Office – see Mrs. Meineke.
- Yearbook Supplements can be picked up at the Attendance Center. This is a 16 page supplement which includes the musical, spring sports, summer sports, prom, and graduation.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- Seniors: Create your FSA ID for your FAFSA: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
The FAFSA form is available – create your FSA ID.
- Seniors: FAFSA Completion Night FAFSA Checklist
Date & Time: Tuesday, October 30th 3:30pm-7:30pm
Location: Student Services
To schedule an appointment, visit/call the Student Services Office @ 263-6141 ext. 1119 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
Appointments will be 30 minutes long starting at 3:30pm.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is available. For those interested in attending Iowa or Iowa State the filing deadline for priority consideration is December 1, 2018. If interested in attending the University of Northern Iowa the application should be submitted by January 15, 2019. For questions and FAFSA assistance contact Jennifer Zamora via email at [email protected]
- Seniors: Senior Photos for the yearbook are due by November 16th.
- Career Exploring Programs for this Fall:
John Deere Program John Deere Application Genesis Career Program
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Mulberry Carnival Help Needed! The Mulberry Carnival will be held on Friday, Nov. 2 and volunteers are needed. If you are interested in volunteering, sign up at http://mulberrypto.org/carnival-2018-volunteer-signup/
If you have questions, please contact Chris Anderson at [email protected].
- The Y is looking for volunteers for their basketball and soccer youth sports programs. Depending on your knowledge, volunteers can coach, referee or run scoreboard. Contact Brandon VanZandt 563-263-9996 or email at [email protected]
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
2018-19 Curriculum Guide: 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.