MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
** Daily News & Information **
- NEW DATE/NEW LOCATION! The Girls’ Swim/Dive Meet will be held TONIGHT, Oct. 2nd, at Davenport Central starting at 6pm.
- Jostens will be presenting Class Ring information to all 10th Grade students during Muskie Time on Wed., Oct. 3rd in the Auditorium. ALL 10th grade students should go directly to the Auditorium after their 2nd hour class. Muskie Time Teachers with 10th grade students, should join their 10th grade students in the Auditorium.
- FCA: We will meet this Wednesday in a NEW LOCATION: Study Hall room (22-001). Sign up to attend the FCA meeting this Wednesday during the Enrichment time. You will find it listed under Mr. Rivera’s name in the Extra Curricular category. See you there!
- Girls’ Basketball: There will be NO OPEN GYM on Thursday, October 4th due to home JV/V volleyball matches.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity. See Silver Cord section below.
- Muscatine HS Orchestra: The sign-up sheet for MHS symphony auditions had been posted on Mr. Thoma’s office door. Sign-up for a time that works for you at your earliest convenience. Auditions begin next Monday, October 8th. Keep practicing!
- Poster Contest for Pre-Game Pep Rally on Friday, Oct. 5th. Be creative and promote school spirit! Bring your poster to the pep rally. Live shot of students/posters at 6:45AM. Prizes for best poster!
- Pep Rally Before School on Friday, Oct. 5th on the Football Field. Arrive early — taping begins at 5:30AM and ends at 7AM! Muscatine High School will be highlighted on WQAD for Week 7 of THE SCORE this Friday. Join in the fun and represent Muscatine High School! Parents and community members are invited to come out as well!
- 5:30AM: A live shot with any students who are there.
- 6:00AM: A live shot of the Mighty Muskie Marching Band!
- 6:20AM: A live shot featuring the MHS cheerleaders!
- 6:45AM: A live shot featuring students/poster contest and our sponsor.
- 6:55AM: Mighty Muskie Marching Band.
- 7:00AM: Everyone gathers onto the football field, create a big “8” and yell “Good Morning Quad Cities!”
- LifeTouch Photo Orders (from Aug. and Sept. photo dates) can be picked up in front of the principal’s office.
- Student IDs (from Aug. and Sept. photo dates) can be picked up in Student Services.
- AKOP/GSA will meet after school on Tuesday, Oct. 2 in the Cafeteria. We will not meet during Muskie Time. Please see Mrs. Kramer if you have any questions.
- Key Club: The next meeting will be Thursday, Oct. 4 in Mrs. Rauenbuehler’s Room (21-026) during Muskie Time. Sign up on your Adaptive Scheduler! Key Club Flyer
- Seniors: Create your FSA ID for your FAFSA: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
The FAFSA form will become available October 1, 2018 (but you may create your FSA ID anytime before.)
- Seniors: FAFSA Completion Night
Date & Time: Thursday, October 18th 4:00pm-6:00pm
Muscatine Community College, Gaekle Hall, 2nd floor, Room 211 (computer lab)
No appointments needed – It’s walk-in.
- Seniors: FAFSA Completion Night FAFSA Checklist
Date & Time: Tuesday, October 30th 3:30pm-7:30pm
Location: Student Services
To schedule an appointment, visit/call the Student Services Office @ 263-6141 ext. 1119 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
Appointments will be 30 minutes long starting at 3:30pm.
- Student Attendance Club: We are looking for interested students to be part of our Student Attendance Club. If you are interested in learning more please contact Mrs. Koppenhaver@[email protected]. We will meet during enrichment time weekly. Thanks for your consideration.
- Deadline to register for PSAT is October 8th! The PSAT test will be given on Wednesday, October 10th at 8:00am. Juniors interested in participating in the National Merit Scholarship Program must take the PSAT in order to be eligible. The cost of the exam is $16 made payable to Muscatine High School at the MHS Attendance Center.
There are fifty five (55) tests available to juniors and twenty (20) tests available to sophomores who wish to take it as practice. Please contact Mrs. Hawkins in Student Services with any questions.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is available on October 1, 2018. For those interested in attending Iowa or Iowa State the filing deadline for priority consideration is December 1, 2018. If interested in attending the University of Northern Iowa the application should be submitted by January 15, 2019. For questions and FAFSA assistance contact Jennifer Zamora via email at [email protected]
- LifeTouch Picture Retake day is scheduled for October 17th, 7-11am in the Gym/Commons hallway. This is for staff and students that have not had their picture taken and for picture retakes.
- K-Pop Dance Club will meet Fridays from 3:30-4:30 in the Commons K-Pop Dance Club
(except Oct. 26, and Nov. 23)
- Seniors: Baby Ads for the yearbook are due October 19th.
- Seniors: Senior Photos for the yearbook are due by November 16th.
- Lifeguard Courses will be offered from Friday, October 5 – Sunday, October 7 at the Muscatine Y. This is an excellent opportunity for students to get Lifeguard Certified so that they can get a job this fall/winter at the YMCA or next summer with the Y, at the Muscatine Aquatic Center, or at Geneva Country Club. The Lifeguard Certification is valid for two years, so some older students may even be able to take this certification to college and work at the campus pools. Lifeguarding is a great first job for students, and the skills can translate to many fields including healthcare, EMT/Fire Services, Sports and Fitness, and so many more. Lifeguard Course Flyer
- Career Exploring Programs for this Fall:
John Deere Program John Deere Application Genesis Career Program
- The Yearbook staff have several extra yearbooks from the previous years: 2012-2013, 2013-2014 & 2015-2016. We will sell them for $20. Please contact Ms. Brown at [email protected] if interested.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- The Nature Conservancy’s Swamp Stomp event is looking for volunteers for their event this Sunday, Oct. 7th. We need some additional volunteers to ensure this Sunday’s event from 1 to 6 pm runs smoothly. Below are a list of activities that students could help out with! Any volunteers will receive a free Swamp Stomp t-shirt for their services and a free BBQ pulled pork or smoked chicken sandwich meal!
- Pumpkin painting with young children (1 to 3 volunteers needed)
- Help with yard games (1 volunteer provide instructions on how to play, keep games organized)
- Polaroid Photographer***-friendly photographer needed to roam event and take polaroid photos of event attendees to take home with them as souvenirs. This would be a fun way to enjoy the event, can do as a pair.(1-2 volunteers needed)
If interested, please contact Hannah Howard at [email protected] for more information or to sign up, or call/text at 563-299-6509.
- The Y is looking for volunteers for their basketball and soccer youth sports programs. Depending on your knowledge, volunteers can coach, referee or run scoreboard. Contact Brandon VanZandt 563-263-9996 or email at [email protected]
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
2018-19 Curriculum Guide: 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.