MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
Parent Teacher Conferences (Walk-in)
Mon., Oct. 22nd, 4:00-7:15pm
Wed., Oct., 24th, 4:00-7:15pm
Thurs., Oct. 25th, 1:45-3:45pm
Friday, Oct. 26th – NO SCHOOL (Conf. Comp Day)
Mon., Oct. 29th – NO SCHOOL (Teacher In-Service)
** Daily News & Information **
- The next session of Driver’s Ed (Oct. 22 – Nov. 11) will take place in room 11-009. Classroom sessions are Monday through Thursday 5:30 – 8:30pm. Please bring a pen or pencil to class. Driving lessons are after school and weekends. Please refer to the information you received from AEA as to when your driving lessons are.
- REMINDER Senior Baby Ads for the yearbook are due October 19th.
- REMINDER Seniors: FAFSA Completion Night
Date & Time: Thursday, October 18th 4:00pm-6:00pm
Muscatine Community College, Gaekle Hall, 2nd floor, Room 211 (computer lab)
No appointments needed – It’s walk-in.
- REMINDER Elite Sports apparel orders can be picked up in the Athletics Office – see Mrs. Meineke.
- Vet Tech Student Open House will be held on Thursday, Oct. 18th from 5:00-7 PM at the
Ag Learning Center. This is open to all students and is a great casual setting to learn about the program and profession. Those interested in seeing what Veterinary Technicians do and want to participate in some hands-on activities, please join us!
- The Fall Bash Dance is Saturday, Oct. 20th from 9-11pm in the MHS Cafeteria. The cost is $5 at the door. Please have your student IDs on you at the dance… and wear NEON!
- Yearbook Supplements can be picked up at the Attendance Center. This is a 16 page supplement which includes the musical, spring sports, summer sports, prom, and graduation.
- Canball Tournament (Boys’ Volleyball): Student Council’s annual Canball Tournament will be held November 1st at 4pm in the MHS gym. Forms are available for pickup at the Attendance Center. They are due to Mrs. Walsh by 3:30pm Thursday, November 25th. All players must pay $3 or give 5 canned goods. These are all due together at the time of form submission.
- Girls’ Basketball: Thursday open gym is from 5:45-7:15pm.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- Seniors: Create your FSA ID for your FAFSA: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
The FAFSA form is available – create your FSA ID.
- Seniors: FAFSA Completion Night FAFSA Checklist
Date & Time: Tuesday, October 30th 3:30pm-7:30pm
Location: Student Services
To schedule an appointment, visit/call the Student Services Office @ 263-6141 ext. 1119 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
Appointments will be 30 minutes long starting at 3:30pm.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is available. For those interested in attending Iowa or Iowa State the filing deadline for priority consideration is December 1, 2018. If interested in attending the University of Northern Iowa the application should be submitted by January 15, 2019. For questions and FAFSA assistance contact Jennifer Zamora via email at [email protected]
- Seniors: Senior Photos for the yearbook are due by November 16th.
- Career Exploring Programs for this Fall:
John Deere Program John Deere Application Genesis Career Program
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- The Muscatine-Japan Youth Exchange Program is selling wreaths/holiday decorations as a fundraiser now through October 24th. Attached are pictures of items we are selling. If you are interested in supporting this non-profit organization or would like to know more about our organization, please Heather Clark at [email protected]
MJYEP Wreath Fundraiser
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- The Y is looking for volunteers for their basketball and soccer youth sports programs. Depending on your knowledge, volunteers can coach, referee or run scoreboard. Contact Brandon VanZandt 563-263-9996 or email at [email protected]
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
2018-19 Curriculum Guide: 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.