MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
** Daily News & Information **
- Parent Teacher Conferences (Walk-in)
Mon., Oct. 22nd, 4:00-7:15pm
Wed., Oct., 24th, 4:00-7:15pm
Thurs., Oct. 25th, 1:45-3:45pm
Friday, Oct. 26th – NO SCHOOL (Conf. Comp Day)
Mon., Oct. 29th – NO SCHOOL (Teacher In-Service)
- FFA Meeting: There will an FFA Meeting on Friday during Muskie Time. Please self schedule under the Ag Career & Leadership area using Mr. Tometich, Mr. Day, or Mr. Paul’s name. Meeting will be held in Mr. Paul’s room, Room 13-008E.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below.
- Jostens will be taking Class Ring orders on TODAY, Wed., October 10 in front of Student Services during lunch.
- K-Pop Dance Club meets on Fridays from 3:30-4:30 in the Commons K-Pop Dance Club
(except Oct. 26, and Nov. 23)
- Students interested in business may sign up to visit with a representative from MCC during Muskie Time on Wednesday, October 10th. Please self schedule under the student service area using Mrs. Hawkins name.
- Any high school student interested in after school tutoring for middle school students, please contact Sue O’Donnell, Principal at West Middle School. These are paid positions and tutoring sessions can take place at the library or other public places. Please call West at 263-0411 or email [email protected]
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below.
- Jostens will be taking Class Ring orders on TOMORROW, Wed., October 10 in front of Student Services during lunch.
- Girls’ Basketball: Open gym this week is on Monday and Thursday from 5:45-7:15pm in the main gym.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA): We will meet in the Auditorium during Enrichment time on Wednesday, October 10th. Everyone is welcome! Look for FCA in Adaptive Scheduler (under Mr. Rivera’s name).
- REMINDER – Seniors: Baby Ads for the yearbook are due October 19th.
- MHS Today Publication: Please read this edition of MHS Today
- Class of 2019: If there are any students interested in applying to any of the U.S. Military Academies, please see Mr. Welsch in Student Services this week. It is a very rigorous application process and some of the deadlines are coming up this month.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- LifeTouch Photo Orders (from Aug. and Sept. photo dates) can be picked up in front of the principal’s office.
- Student IDs (from Aug. and Sept. photo dates) can be picked up in Student Services.
- Seniors: Create your FSA ID for your FAFSA: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
The FAFSA form is available – create your FSA ID.
- Seniors: FAFSA Completion Night
Date & Time: Thursday, October 18th 4:00pm-6:00pm
Muscatine Community College, Gaekle Hall, 2nd floor, Room 211 (computer lab)
No appointments needed – It’s walk-in.
- Seniors: FAFSA Completion Night FAFSA Checklist
Date & Time: Tuesday, October 30th 3:30pm-7:30pm
Location: Student Services
To schedule an appointment, visit/call the Student Services Office @ 263-6141 ext. 1119 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
Appointments will be 30 minutes long starting at 3:30pm.
- Student Attendance Club: We are looking for interested students to be part of our Student Attendance Club. If you are interested in learning more please contact Mrs. Koppenhaver@[email protected]. We will meet during enrichment time weekly. Thanks for your consideration.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is available. For those interested in attending Iowa or Iowa State the filing deadline for priority consideration is December 1, 2018. If interested in attending the University of Northern Iowa the application should be submitted by January 15, 2019. For questions and FAFSA assistance contact Jennifer Zamora via email at [email protected]
- LifeTouch Picture Retake day is scheduled for October 17th, 7-11am in the Gym/Commons hallway. This is for staff and students that have not had their picture taken and for picture retakes.
- Seniors: Senior Photos for the yearbook are due by November 16th.
- Career Exploring Programs for this Fall:
John Deere Program John Deere Application Genesis Career Program
- The Yearbook staff have several extra yearbooks from the previous years: 2012-2013, 2013-2014 & 2015-2016. We will sell them for $20. Please contact Ms. Brown at [email protected] if interested.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- The Muscatine-Japan Youth Exchange Program is selling wreaths/holiday decorations as a fundraiser now through October 24th. Attached are pictures of items we are selling. If you are interested in supporting this non-profit organization or would like to know more about our organization, please Heather Clark at [email protected]
MJYEP Wreath Fundraiser
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Mulberry Elementary Daycare for Parent Night: This Thursday, October 11th, Mulberry Elementary is having a parent night from 5:30-7:00pm, and they are looking for high school students to help with daycare during the parent information meeting. If you are interested, please contact Lyndsay Welsch at Mulberry Elementary – [email protected]
- The Y is looking for volunteers for their basketball and soccer youth sports programs. Depending on your knowledge, volunteers can coach, referee or run scoreboard. Contact Brandon VanZandt 563-263-9996 or email at [email protected]
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
2018-19 Curriculum Guide: 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.