MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
MHS Canvases for Sale: We are in the process of updating canvas pictures that are displayed throughout Muscatine High School. Certain canvases are available for purchase based on Administration approval for $65. If you are interested in a specific canvas, please contact Doreen Borde in the Principal’s office by email at email@example.com or by calling 263-6141 ext. 1116. It would be helpful if you could provide a snapshot of the canvas and name(s) of subject on the canvas, as well as, where the canvas is displayed (Commons/Gym area, Auditorium, Ag, Science, etc.). You will be notified if the canvas you are requesting is available and when to pick up.
DON’T MISS IT – NOV. 9th & 10th! The Matchmaker – Fall Play 2018! On November 9 and 10 the MHS Drama Department will present The Matchmaker, by Thornton Wilder. In this hit comedy about love, money and the love of money, the question is: will anyone get what their heart desires? Unlikely circumstances and hilarious complications bring surprises at every corner in this play that inspired the musical Hello, Dolly! Both performances are at 7 pm in the MHS Auditorium. Tickets are $6 and will be available at the door – box office will open at 6:15 pm. Student Activity Passes and MCSD partner passes are accepted. New: We now accept Visa/Mastercard for ticket purchases!
Plan now to join us for a fun evening of entertainment!
** Daily News & Information **
- Reminder to all parents/guardians that on Monday, Nov. 12th, all students will be attending a suicide prevention presentation. A letter was mailed home last week with information regarding the presentation and an opt out option if you did not want your student to attend. Please contact Student Services at 563-263-6141 with questions or to opt out.
- Mr. Muscatine: In order to attend Mr. Muscatine this year, you must be in good academic standing. This means that any student with two or more F’s as of this Friday, November 9th, will be ineligible to attend.
- MHS LGBTQ club will meet next Tuesday, November 13, in the Cafeteria immediately after school. Bring a friend! Allies are always welcome!
- Operation Wallacea South Africa Trivia Night will take place on Thursday, Nov. 8th – 6:30pm at the Fruitland Community Center-104 Sand Run Rd, Fruitland. 10 people per team/$10 per person. All proceeds make the Operation Wallacea South Africa student trip possible! See flyer for more details. Contact Allison Coffman with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org Operation Wallacea Trivia Night Info
- Football Banquet: The 2018 Muskie Football Banquet will be Sunday night, November 11th at 6pm in the MHS Auditorium. All Freshman, Sophomore, and Varsity players are expected to attend. Parents and family members are invited to attend. Cake and ice cream will be served in the cafeteria following the banquet.
- Can Drive: For the next two weeks, Student Council will be collecting cans for our annual Can Drive outside of Student Services. Bring your cans in before school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from now until November 19th. For every 5 cans or $3 donation, you will get a raffle ticket to place in your basket of choice. There is no limit on the number of raffle tickets you can get! Raffle winners will be drawn at Mr. Muscatine on November 21st.
- Girls’ Basketball: If you need a lock for your locker, please sign up for “Basketball” during Muskie Time time this week. It will be listed under Mrs. Edkin’s name.
- Wrestling Team Store is now open and will close on November 18th. Orders will be delivered to Coach Kane at MHS on Dec. 6th.
Team Store link:https://stores.teamelitesports.com/muscatine_wrestling
- Winter Cheerleading Tryouts are Sunday, November 11th from 1 pm to 5 pm in the MHS Gym/Commons area. We will be holding clinics Tues 11/6 and Thurs 11/8 from 6 to 7:30 pm. If you have any questions or issues please email Coach Sink at email@example.com. Packets will be handed out at the first clinic. If you cannot make the clinics or tryouts, you can tryout via video. Please contact Coach Sink if you need to go this route. Tryout material is posted on our social media.
Girls Code++ Camp Info
- Boys’ Basketball Tryouts will be November 12, 13 & 14. 3:45 – 6:15 pm in the main gym. You will need a current physical and necessary forms turned in to the AD Office before November 12th.
- Students & Staff: The Salvation Army/Red Kettle Campaign is looking for volunteers to ring bells this holiday season at various businesses. Bell ringing starts on Friday, Nov. 15 and end on Monday, Dec. 24. For information on signing up to ring bells or for more ways to help call 563-263-8272. (Silver Cord hours are available!)
- Muscatine Parks and Recreation in Need of Volleyball Supervisor. Muscatine Parks and Recreation is in search of someone to help with officiating our Adult Volleyball Leagues this winter. The Volleyball Supervisor will work closely with our other Volleyball Supervisor who has been involved with this league for many years, and will assist them with setting up nets and equipment, and officiating the games. If interested, please contact Kelsie at 563-263-0241 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting wage: $12.00/hour (25 cent raise each year)
Hours to work: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Dates: November 13 – mid March
Location: Central Middle School
- Winterguard will meet on Thursday afternoons from 4 – 5 pm during the months of November and December in First Baptist Church’s gym – 3003 Mulberry Ave. Whether you can make it to every session or just a couple we would love for you to join us on November 8th, 15th, 29th, December 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th. Winterguard is open to anyone in grades 6th – 12th from beginners to those who already are part of the Color Guard team. If you have any questions please contact Carolyn Hurlbut at email@example.com.
- Seniors – FAFSA Completion: You can stop by Ms. Beran’s office in Student Services or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet. Even if you are undecided on a college, you can still complete the FAFSA. Don’t wait until last minute!
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- Seniors: Create your FSA ID for your FAFSA: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
The FAFSA form is available – create your FSA ID.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is available. For those interested in attending Iowa or Iowa State the filing deadline for priority consideration is December 1, 2018. If interested in attending the University of Northern Iowa the application should be submitted by January 15, 2019. For questions and FAFSA assistance contact Jennifer Zamora via email at email@example.com
- Seniors: Senior Photos for the yearbook are due by November 16th.
- Career Exploring Programs for this Fall:
John Deere Program John Deere Application Genesis Career Program
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- RAINBOW for GIRLS is collecting pop tabs for Shriner Hospitals, who have helped more than
1.3 million sick children. We will also be collecting spare change and donations, that will be given to Camp Courageous to continue serving children of all ages with disabilities. Pop tabs and donations can be brought to Heather D. in room 11-002, Scot Gehret room 11-009 or given to Brandi Howard.
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at firstname.lastname@example.org for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- The Salvation Army/Red Kettle Campaign is looking for volunteers to ring bells this holiday season at various businesses. Bell ringing starts on Friday, Nov. 15 and end on Monday, Dec. 24. For information on signing up to ring bells or for more ways to help call 563-263-8272. (Silver Cord hours are available!)
- United Way/Family Day of Action is looking for volunteers to help clean up yards of seniors in our community on Nov. 10 from 9am-1pm. Those who volunteer 2 or more hours will be put into a drawing for Disney World Tickets. To volunteer, please go to allforgood.org to sign up. For questions, please call Nichole at 563-263-5963. Family Day of Action Info
- The Y is looking for volunteers for their basketball and soccer youth sports programs. Depending on your knowledge, volunteers can coach, referee or run scoreboard. Contact Brandon VanZandt 563-263-9996 or email at email@example.com
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
2018-19 Curriculum Guide: 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.