MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
MHS Canvases for Sale: We are in the process of updating canvas pictures that are displayed throughout Muscatine High School. Certain canvases are available for purchase based on Administration approval for $65. If you are interested in a specific canvas, please contact Doreen Borde in the Principal’s office by email at [email protected] or by calling 263-6141 ext. 1116. It would be helpful if you could provide a snapshot of the canvas and name(s) of subject on the canvas, as well as, where the canvas is displayed (Commons/Gym area, Auditorium, Ag, Science, etc.). You will be notified if the canvas you are requesting is available and when to pick up.
** Daily News & Information **
- Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule: Dec. 19, 20, & 21 Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule
- Mr. Armstrong’s freshmen classes will be swimming Thursday and Friday of this week. Bring swim attire and a towel.
- Join Muskie Library for Hour of Code! Learn the very basics about Computer Science with coding, text compression, & encryption activities. Hour of Code sessions will be offered on Tuesday, December 4th, Wednesday, December 5th, and Thursday, December 6th during Muskie Time. Bring your charged laptop & meet in the Muskie Cafe. Sign up in Adaptive Scheduler with Mrs. Keltner. Everyone is welcome! Hour of Code Info
- Class Ring Delivery: Jostens will be at school on Friday December 7th to deliver your class rings during lunch outside of Student Services. Please note that on the day of delivery Jostens only accepts cash or money order. Invoices have been sent home to the email on file. Please call 1-800-JOSTENS (567-8367) with any questions.
- Davenport Central HS Spectator Parking & Entrance: Spectators will want to park in the lots immediately west of the school on Harrison St. or the lot immediately north of the school across 12th St. or in the lot directly south of the PAC. There will be signs pointing you the West Sports Entrance off of Harrison St. marked 11W. If you park in the lot south of the PAC, enter at the Pool/PAC commons entrance off of Harrison St. marked 10W or at the Grensing FH entrance marked 6S. THERE WILL BE NO ACCESS TO THE BUILDING FROM THE EAST (or Main St. side) OF THE BUILDING THROUGH ENTRANCE 5E. (Cafeteria driveway entrance)
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarships section below (March & April 2018)
- New Silver Cord Opportunity. See Silver Cord section below.
- Muscatine Civic Chorale Concert presents The Gift of Christmas on Nov. 29 at First Presbyterian Church at 7pm. The Gift of Christmas Info
- Seniors – FAFSA Completion: You can stop by Ms. Beran’s office in Student Services or email at [email protected] to schedule a time to meet. Even if you are undecided on a college, you can still complete the FAFSA. Don’t wait until last minute! https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Band Booster Koeze Nut Sales: Do you need a Christmas gift for someone or just want something for yourself? 3 weeks left to purchase! Band Booster Koeze Nut Sales Flyer
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Students needed on Fridays at 11:35am to help pack lunches in the Muskie Locker. If interested contact Laura Koch at [email protected].
- Wesley United Methodist Church is seeking help with our Kids’ Holiday Shoppe, Sat., Dec. 16th from 8:30 am-1 pm. Volunteers would help children shop for and wrap gifts for their loved ones for Christmas. Please contact Mary Anne Alberhasky at [email protected] if interested.
- Lutheran Living (Lutheran Homes) is asking for volunteers to help decorate Christmas trees on December 1st. They have 10-14 trees that to be placed and decorated. Please contact Activities Director Cindy Williams at 563-263-1241 if you are interested.
- The Salvation Army/Red Kettle Campaign is looking for volunteers to ring bells this holiday season at various businesses. Bell ringing starts on Friday, Nov. 15 and end on Monday, Dec. 24. For information on signing up to ring bells or for more ways to help call 563-263-8272. (Silver Cord hours are available!)
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.