MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Parent Teacher Conferences (Walk-in No Appointment Necessary):
March 14 – 1:45-3:45pm – 2 hr Early Out
March 15 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Comp Day
Spring Break – March 18-22 – NO SCHOOL
** Daily News & Information **Seniors:
- Congratulations to Lauren Lettington who placed second in the Muscatine Symphony Orchestra’s Young Artist Competition.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: Thurs., March 14 1:45-3:45pm. No Appt. Necessary!
- NO SCHOOL (Teacher Comp Day): Friday, March 15
- Spring Break: March 18-22 (NO SCHOOL) Classes resume March 25.
- Girls’ Golf : There will be NO practice during Spring Break (March 18-22nd).
- Muskie Soccer Store is Open! Players, order your practice shirts and soccer items. Store is open until March 24th. Public is welcome to order as well.
Support Muskie Soccer!MHS Soccer Store Soccer Meeting Presentation
- Seniors: Jostens will be at MHS on Tuesday, March 26th to deliver your graduation items. Please be aware that your order must be paid in full and that Jostens only accepts cash or money orders on the day of delivery. If you would like to pay by credit card, you must call 1-800-JOSTENS (567-8367) prior to Tuesday March 26th.
- The FFA Banquet is Thursday, March 28th.
- Just a reminder that our local scholarship application is due this Friday by 11:59 p.m. No applications will be accepted after that time. We currently have over 100 students that have started this process but only 9 have completed and submitted their application. I would suggest getting any reference request done by tonight as staff will be off on Friday and may not be able to fill out your reference request after tomorrow. I have included the powerpoint for information on how to complete this. Included in this presentation is information on how to access your Student Aid Report (SAR) through your FAFSA account which you will need to complete your scholarship application. If you have questions, please stop down and speak with myself or Ms. Beran. Local Scholarship Information Session
- Congratulations to the MHS Key Club for bringing home two awards from the District Convention & Leadership Conference this past weekend – Muscatine was recognized as a Distinguished Club for 2018-2019 and received a second place trophy in single service for the 2018 Talent Show. The single service award is given to clubs that make a significant charitable contribution through a single event or service – last year Key Club raised just over $2,700.00 for UNICEF and the March of Dimes thanks to all those who attended the Talent Show.
- Track Volunteers Needed for March 21: We will be hosting a girls’ track meet on Thursday, March 21. Anyone willing to help, contact Coach Armstrong, Coach Flowers, or Mr. Morgan, students and faculty are welcome. Help is needed in setting hurdles,measuring at field events, exchange zone judges, and result runners. Pizza available.
- Iowa High School Book Award Voting: Students are encouraged to vote for their favorite Iowa High School Book Award Book for 2018-2019. Use this link to vote! Voting ends Friday, March 29th and students need to have read at least one book from the list to participate.
- Seniors: Due to lack of interest, the Six Flags Senior Trip has been cancelled. Refunds will be issued starting today. Please see Mrs. Borde.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM) Career Fair
- Date: 4/12/19
- Time: 8:20am-11:30am
- Location: Commons
- College Decision Day
- Date: 4/26/19
- Time: 8:20am-1:30pm
- Location: Commons
- Race for the Schools is on May 4, 2019. 5K Run/Job/Walk & the Muskie Mile Timed Run. Proceeds benefit MCSD Physical Education and Wellness Programs.
Race for the Schools Info & Registration Form
- Juniors & Seniors: NEW DRESSES ADDED! FREE PROM attire — dresses, suit jackets, pants, and shirts outside the Main Office – Rm 11-001. Check them out before school, during lunch or after school. Various sizes and styles. See Mrs. Borde with any questions.
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE, 2705 Cedar St., Muscatine, IA 52761. CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected] CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- Port Louisa National Wildlife Refuge Summer Job Opportunities – Youth Conservation Corps. Applications available in Student Services. Youth Conservation Corps. Info
- The Flickinger Center is looking for high school students to assist in a Middle School Pilot project after Spring Break. Students will be mentoring middle school students in reading and math after school. You can set your own days and times. If interested, please contact Mindy Ross at 563-288-9000. Silver Cord hours are available! Flickinger Center Info
- Soccer Work Day is April 28th. If you would like to hire 2 soccer players for 2 hours for $60 to do yard work, etc., please contact Dana Kraft at [email protected]
Players – check your school emails to sign-up to work. This is a required activity!
The Muskie Band Boosters have discounted prices on the remaining Koeze nut inventory for quick reduction of product. Available products are marked with reduced pricing. Please contact Jim Stogdill at 563-299-8082 to get your product before they are gone! Band Booster Koeze Items
- Parks and Recreation Department Job Fair. We will be holding open interviews on March 23 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Muscatine Municipal Golf Course. Many seasonal positions are available in Parks Maintenance, Golf, Recreation and Aquatics. Parks and Rec Job Fair Info
- Seniors who had Economics with Mrs. Tometich or Mrs Spencer. Mrs. Tometich has the forms to fill out for the EverFi Financial Literacy Program. Please stop by room 23-007 to pick up forms and confirm eligibility. This is a $500 scholarship and you will need to fill out an application and submit it to First National Bank by April 13th.
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist Senior Year Checklist
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Franklin Elementary will be holding a Science night (in the gym) on Tuesday, March 26. It will run from 4-6pm. Ms. Trisha Weeks is currently looking for 15 high school student volunteers to help. Students can come anytime between 3-3:45. If you are interested in volunteering please email her at [email protected]
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.