MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
29th Annual MHS Cake Auction, Friday, Feb. 8th. “Welcome to the Muskie Jungle” is the theme.
Live and Silent Auctions & 50/50 raffle. Food starts at 5pm with pork loin sandwiches, cake & ice cream. Girls’ & Boys’ basketball doubleheader vs. Davenport West. Varsity Girls @ 6pm, Varsity Boys at 7:30pm. 2018 Cake Auction Flyer
Interested in making a cake for the Cake Auction on Feb. 8th? Cakes need to be at MHS Attendance Center by 4:00pm. “Welcome to the Muskie Jungle” is the theme.
MHS Canvases for Sale: We are in the process of updating canvas pictures that are displayed throughout Muscatine High School. Certain canvases are available for purchase based on Administration approval for $65. If you are interested in a specific canvas, please contact Doreen Borde in the Principal’s office by email at [email protected] or by calling 263-6141 ext. 1116. It would be helpful if you could provide a snapshot of the canvas and name(s) of subject on the canvas, as well as, where the canvas is displayed (Commons/Gym area, Auditorium, Ag, Science, etc.). You will be notified if the canvas you are requesting is available and when to pick up.
MHS WINTER THAW Dance
Saturday, January 19th, 2019
$5 admission fee at the door
Current MHS ID required at check in
** No outside guests will be allowed **
** Daily News & Information **
- The Muskie Girls’ Basketball team invite you to attend their basketball games tonight. JV tips off at 6pm with Varsity following at 7:30pm.
- Key Club is having a coat drive January 14-25th. Each coat you donate will enter you into a drawing for a chance to win one of three $25 dollar gift cards to a local business of your choice! The coats will go to Muskie Locker and MCSA. Drop off is in the MHS Library.
- LAST DAY TO SIGN UP! Seniors- REMINDER: If you are interested in participating in Senior Survivor, March 4th-8th, you need pick up a packet at the Attendance Center by Thursday, January 10th. Sign-up forms must be filled out and turned in to Mrs. Walsh in room 12-008 by Friday, January 11th at 3:30 pm. Remember, fundraising for one of the final six spots in Senior Survivor cannot begin until cleared by Mrs. Fallon and Mrs. Walsh on Monday, January 14th. If you have any questions, feel free to email Mrs. Fallon ([email protected]) or Mrs. Walsh ([email protected]).
- Boys’ Soccer Open Gym will begin Sunday, January 13th from 2-4pm in the VanHecke building.
- Boys’ Track Meeting: There will be a boy’s track meeting in Coach Rusch’s room (21-022) on Wednesday, January 16 during Muskie Time. Anyone planning to participate in boy’s track this spring should attend the meeting. If you have questions or cannot attend, please contact Coach Rusch [email protected].
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE, 2705 Cedar St., Muscatine, IA 52761. CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- New Scholarships Added: See Scholarship section below (Jan, March & April)
- Muscatine High School Art Shirts. The store will be open through January 16th.
- Junior Scholarship Opportunity: 2019 Coolidge Scholarship Deadline is Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST. That’s less than three weeks away! Students can apply at www.coolidgescholars.org.
- Auditions for the spring musical, Matilda, will be held next week, Tuesday January 15 & Wednesday January 16th in the auditorium. Sign up for an audition time on the board by the choir room. All information about the show and audition cuts are available on the drama website: https://muskiedrama.wordpress.com/current-auditions/. Matilda has a large cast that includes 5 major roles, 8 supporting roles, 3 roles that can be non-singing (acting only) and a very active ensemble with many small solos available. Questions? Contact Mrs. Mauck [email protected].
- MCSD Race for the Schools May 4, 2019: There will be 2 races, a 1 mile and a 5K. Both race courses go around the high school and through the parking lots. We have volunteers on the course. Proceeds from the MCSD Race for the Schools benefits the students – PE and Wellness Programs. More info on registration will be supplied at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Daphne Donald @[email protected]
- FREE used winter coats available in Student Services for students that are in need and would like to check them out.
- Goodwill of the Heartland is in need of Job Coaches in the Muscatine area. These are part time positions that may be more tailored for retirees, those that work seasonal jobs etc. A Job Coach would transport clients to a place of employment, teach & train them on how to do their job independently. Please contact Cinque Pledge at 319.739.5098 or [email protected]for more information or if interested.
- The Muscatine Community YMCA has several part-time employment opportunities. The Y is looking to hire one person for Before School and 2 to 3 After School Kids’ Club Staff (can be a split shift for AM and PM hours). Currently the positions are 6:30am to 8:15am and 2:30/3:00pm to 5:30/6pm for After School Monday-Friday. During the summer, we do full time Day Camp, with hours ranging from 25 to 35 a week with a set schedule. We are looking for experienced staff who would be interested in planning for science and wellness (sports). After School Kids’ averages
70 K-5th grade students a day. Contact Amy Hessel at the Y for more information at 563 263 9996 or [email protected]. Please check the link below for more employment opportunities available at the Y. Applications will be taken until the positions are filled. http://www.muscatiney.org/index.php/contact-us/employment-opportunities
- Don’t forget to order an MHS Yearbook if you want to guarantee one. They are available to order for $56 until Feb 22. Please go to this link or the Attendance Center to buy one. If you don’t order one, there will be a few available on a first come first serve basis, the day after we pass out yearbooks — but these sell out fast!
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist Senior Year Checklist
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers to help at our school carnival on Friday, March 8th. Students will be serving food, working carnival games, and taking tickets. The times will be from 4-7:30pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Bickford Senior Living is looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Students who may be interested in calling Bingo on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 1:20p-2:30p or students who could sit with a resident while they play Bingo those same days and times.
- Students who would want to play Scrabble, board games, and/or card games or do crafts. Times for these would be Monday thru Friday 2:30p-4:30p (or split it up). We also have Monday thru Friday available for those activities 10am-11:45am.
- If interested, please contact Kelly Newcomb at 263-6600.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.