MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
29th Annual MHS Cake Auction, Friday, Feb. 8th. “Welcome to the Muskie Jungle” is the theme.
Live and Silent Auctions & 50/50 raffle. Food starts at 5pm with pork loin sandwiches, cake & ice cream. Girls’ & Boys’ basketball doubleheader vs. Davenport West. Varsity Girls @ 6pm, Varsity Boys at 7:30pm. 2019 Cake Auction Flyer
Interested in making a cake for the Cake Auction on Feb. 8th? Cakes need to be at MHS Attendance Center by 4:00pm. “Welcome to the Muskie Jungle” is the theme.
MHS WINTER THAW Dance
Rescheduled to Saturday, Feb. 23rd
$5 admission fee at the door
Current MHS ID required at check in
** No outside guests will be allowed **
** Daily News & Information **
- MHS YEARBOOKS: Don’t forget to order an MHS Yearbook if you want to guarantee one. They are available to order for $56 until Feb 22. Please go to this link or the Attendance Center to buy one. If you don’t order one, there will be a few available on a first come first serve basis, the day after we pass out yearbooks — but these sell out fast!
- Drivers Ed will take place in the room 11-009 from 4-7pm, TODAY, Feb. 1.
- J –Term students will need to meet with their teachers today.
- Attached is the State Wrestling T-Shirt order form. There will not be an online store, only the paper order forms. Orders are due by Feb. 11th @ 10am and returned to Coach Kane.
State WrestlingT-shirt 2019 Order Form
- Mr. Armstrong’s freshmen PE classes will be swimming today.
- Overdue library book notices went out to parents/students and to ELA teachers – so we have a few students concerned about fines/charges. Please return or renew your library book ASAP!
- Yoga Today: 5th & 6th periods in room 22-007. Students & teachers welcome!
- Softball parent/player meeting will be held Feb. 24 from 2 – 4pm in the Commons. If you have questions, please contact Coach Hopkins at [email protected]
- Upcoming Muskie Activities at a Glance.pdf – Updated!
- New Scholarship Added: See Scholarship section below. (March)
- Seniors: Don’t forget to take the Six Flags Interest Level Survey. 45 students are needed in order to make this happen! Check your email for survey!
- WILL BE RESCHEDULED! Seniors – Local Scholarship Information Sessions are rescheduled for Tuesday, January 29th 7:45am-8:20am, Muskie Time and 3:30pm-4:00pm in the Auditorium. Students can sign-up in adaptive scheduler for the Muskie Time session. Parents/Guardians are invited as well! Email [email protected] if you have any questions or are unable to attend the sessions. http://www.muscatine.k12.ia.us/wp-content/uploads/Local-Scholarship-Information-Session.pdf
- Scouts BSA Girl Troop start up meeting. BSA Girls Troop Meeting Information
- GET YOUR TEAM TOGETHER & SIGN UP TODAY! Senior Survivor Trivia Night – Feb. 4 @ 6:30pm MHS Commons. All proceeds will be split evenly between all teams. Trivia players are encouraged wear their favorite team’s color!
$5 per player, 4-8 people per table. Snacks available for sale. Senior Survivor Trivia Night Info
- Entry Level Soccer Referee Course Being Offered: To sign up, go to: http://www.iowasoccer.org/events/entry-level_referee_course_-_muscatine/
- Talent Show Auditions — The MHS Talent Show is back and will now be hosted by Key Club! If you are interested in participating, there are informational packets available at the attendance office. Auditions will be on Thursday, February 21st from 7:30-8:00am OR 3:30-4:30pm in the auditorium. The act must be school appropriate. The date of the actual Talent show will be Thursday, March 14th from 8:30-10:30am. If you have any questions please contact
Mrs. Keltner ([email protected]) or Ms. Rauenbuehler ([email protected])
- Muscatine High School LBGTQ+ group will meet in room 12-005 during Muskie time on Thursday, February 1st. This will be our first business meeting of the semester. Invite a friend.
- Key Club Blood Drive: Any MHS Students or Staff interested in donating blood for the Key Club Blood Drive on Monday, February 11th needs to sign‐up with a Key Club member or email Mrs. Keltner at [email protected]. Walk‐ins will NOT be taken for this blood drive ‐‐all donors need to have a scheduled time between 8:00am-10:30am.
- Mad Money Simulation: On Wednesday, February 13th the business dept will be working with Members Community Credit Union and running the Mad Money Simulation. It will run from 8:20 until 11:30 in the Commons.
- TO BE RESCHEDULED! Hiring Opportunities at HyVee for students. Jim Simmons the Muscatine HyVee Store Director will be coming in to talk about job opportunities available to students. Sign-up in Adaptive Scheduler under Student Services for “HyVee Session” Hyvee Flyer
Date: Monday, January 28th
Time: Muskie Time
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- Guys THAW and PROM clothes (pants, shirts, suits) added to the racks. Stop by and check them out today – they’re FREE!
- 9-12th Grade Girls: FREE THAW dresses to check out in the Main Office – Rm 11-001 with Mrs. Borde before school, during lunch or after school. ADDITIONAL ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED – STOP AND CHECK THE NEW SELECTION!
- Junior & Senior Girls: FREE Prom dresses to check out in the Main Office – Rm 11-001 with Mrs. Borde before school, during lunch or after school. Various sizes from size 6 to 24 and styles. ADDITIONAL ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED – STOP AND CHECK THE NEW SELECTION
- The MHS Choral Boosters’ Dessert Concert is Thursday, February 7th at 7:00PM in the MHS Auditorium. We need auxiliary acts! For those interested in auditioning, we prefer that students audition with songs that are from popular music or the Broadway genre. Singing with a karaoke track is very normal for these auditions and the concert, or one can accompany themselves or provide their own accompanist. Other acts are also welcome to audition–not every act needs to be vocal. Auditions are after school on January 29th and 30th. You do not need to be in the choral program to audition. If you have questions, email Mrs. Burford at [email protected]
- FFA Livestock Project: Sign up ASAP if not at the meeting- for anyone showing livestock at fairs.
- FFA Contest Practice: Sign up for Muskie Times as often as you can.
- FREE used winter coats available in Student Services for students that are in need and would like to check them out.
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE, 2705 Cedar St., Muscatine, IA 52761. CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- MCSD Race for the Schools May 4, 2019: There will be 2 races, a 1 mile and a 5K. Both race courses go around the high school and through the parking lots. We have volunteers on the course. Proceeds from the MCSD Race for the Schools benefits the students – PE and Wellness Programs. More info on registration will be supplied at a later date. If interested in volunteering, please contact Daphne Donald @[email protected]
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist Senior Year Checklist
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers to help at our school carnival on Friday, March 8th. Students will be serving food, working carnival games, and taking tickets. The times will be from 4-7:30pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.