MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
MHS Canvases for Sale: We are in the process of updating canvas pictures that are displayed throughout Muscatine High School. Certain canvases are available for purchase based on Administration approval for $65. If you are interested in a specific canvas, please contact Doreen Borde in the Principal’s office by email at [email protected] or by calling 263-6141 ext. 1116. It would be helpful if you could provide a snapshot of the canvas and name(s) of subject on the canvas, as well as, where the canvas is displayed (Commons/Gym area, Auditorium, Ag, Science, etc.). You will be notified if the canvas you are requesting is available and when to pick up.
Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule: Dec. 19, 20, & 21 Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule
** Daily News & Information **
- The Muskie Library will have extended hours for finals week again! During finals week (Monday December 17th through Wednesday, December 19th) the library will be open from 7:30am – 7:00pm. Students are encouraged to come use the extra study time to prepare for semester tests or final projects – FREE snacks (brain food) will be served from 5:00-7:00pm every night. Good Luck, Muskie Nation!
- Girls’ Basketball games scheduled for Dec. 4 will be played at North Scott HS.
- 9th/10th Grade Girls Teams will start at 4:15pm in the Lancer Athletic Building Court 2
- JV Girls will start at 4:15pm in the Auxiliary Gym
- Varsity Girls will start at 6pm in the PIT
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist and the FAFSA facts
- MHS Music Dept. Holiday Concert Schedule
- Tuesday, Dec. 4th
MHS Orchestras Winter Concert
7:30pm @ MHS Auditorium
- Friday, Dec. 7th
Holiday Stroll Music at CBI Bank & Trust
- Tuesday, Dec. 4th
- This year the Upward Bound students are volunteering at the Muscatine Center for Social Action (MCSA) to bring awareness to their services and how they contribute to our community. We are asking for donations of new items such as: coats/jackets, undergarments, socks, gloves, pillows (machine washable), deodorant, ready-made foods, etc. This act of kindness can make a difference for those who cannot access these items. Donation box will be located outside of the Principal’s office starting Dec. 4-18.
- iJAG 2018-2019 Fundraiser: Looking for a stocking stuffer this holiday season, or just a gift for yourself? iJAG is selling custom Muskie PopSockets for $10.00 each! They’re screened with the Muskie logo, and are available with your choice of a white or black base. We are raising money to give back to our community through service projects. Contact any iJAG Program member, find our table during lunch in front of Student Services starting Monday, Dec. 3rd, or e-mail the iJAG Specialist at [email protected] to buy a PopSocket today!!!
- Happiness Week is December 10th-14th! The purpose of this week is to relieve stress before final exams, promote mental health awareness, and create a positive atmosphere! Treats will be available during lunch outside Student Services and students are welcome to participate in the following:
- Monday- Yellow Out!
- Tuesday- Tie-Dye!
- Wednesday- Pajama Day! (no slippers)
- Thursday- Muskie Spirit!
- Friday- Holiday Sweaters!
- Girls’ Soccer Open Gyms will start Sunday, December 9th from 4-6pm at the new VanHecke Building. Open Gyms will be every Sunday until the start of the season.
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Join Muskie Library for Hour of Code! Learn the very basics about Computer Science with coding, text compression, & encryption activities. Hour of Code sessions will be offered on Tuesday, December 4th, Wednesday, December 5th, and Thursday, December 6th during Muskie Time. Bring your charged laptop & meet in the Muskie Cafe. Sign up in Adaptive Scheduler with Mrs. Keltner. Everyone is welcome! Hour of Code Info
- Class Ring Delivery: Jostens will be at school on Friday December 7th to deliver your class rings during lunch outside of Student Services. Please note that on the day of delivery Jostens only accepts cash or money order. Invoices have been sent home to the email on file. Please call 1-800-JOSTENS (567-8367) with any questions.
- Davenport Central HS Spectator Parking & Entrance: Spectators will want to park in the lots immediately west of the school on Harrison St. or the lot immediately north of the school across 12th St. or in the lot directly south of the PAC. There will be signs pointing you the West Sports Entrance off of Harrison St. marked 11W. If you park in the lot south of the PAC, enter at the Pool/PAC commons entrance off of Harrison St. marked 10W or at the Grensing FH entrance marked 6S. THERE WILL BE NO ACCESS TO THE BUILDING FROM THE EAST (or Main St. side) OF THE BUILDING THROUGH ENTRANCE 5E. (Cafeteria driveway entrance)
- New Silver Cord Opportunity. See Silver Cord section below.
- Seniors – FAFSA Completion: You can stop by Ms. Beran’s office in Student Services or email at [email protected] to schedule a time to meet. Even if you are undecided on a college, you can still complete the FAFSA. Don’t wait until last minute! https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Band Booster Koeze Nut Sales: Do you need a Christmas gift for someone or just want something for yourself? 2 weeks left to purchase! Band Booster Koeze Nut Sales Flyer
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Students needed on Fridays at 11:35am to help pack lunches in the Muskie Locker. If interested contact Laura Koch at [email protected].
- Wesley United Methodist Church is seeking help with our Kids’ Holiday Shoppe, Sat., Dec. 16th from 8:30 am-1 pm. Volunteers would help children shop for and wrap gifts for their loved ones for Christmas. Please contact Mary Anne Alberhasky at [email protected] if interested.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.