MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
Adaptive Scheduler Informational Video https://youtu.be/UA-78PWDn60
MHS Canvases for Sale: We are in the process of updating canvas pictures that are displayed throughout Muscatine High School. Certain canvases are available for purchase based on Administration approval for $65. If you are interested in a specific canvas, please contact Doreen Borde in the Principal’s office by email at [email protected] or by calling 263-6141 ext. 1116. It would be helpful if you could provide a snapshot of the canvas and name(s) of subject on the canvas, as well as, where the canvas is displayed (Commons/Gym area, Auditorium, Ag, Science, etc.). You will be notified if the canvas you are requesting is available and when to pick up.
Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule: Dec. 19, 20, & 21 Fall 2018 Final Exam Schedule
** Daily News & Information **
- Two (s) New Silver Cord Opportunities: See Silver Cord section below.
- The Muskie Wrestling Team invites you to attend their HOME meet on Thursday, Dec. 21st at 6:00pm! Cheering on the wrestlers is a great way to end finals week and the wrestlers only perform at home twice this season, so catch them in action Thursday night!
- Don’t forget to order an MHS Yearbook if you want to guarantee one. They are available to order for $56 until Feb 22. Please go to this link or the Attendance Center to buy one. If you don’t order one, there will be a few available on a first come first serve basis, the day after we pass out yearbooks — but these sell out fast!
- The Commons will be closed on Thursday, Dec. 20 & Friday, Dec. 21.
- Juniors and Seniors: If you have a Study Hall on your schedule next semester, and are eligible to be exempt, please stop in to the AP office (12-001) and pick up a “Study Hall Exemption” form. This form will need to be signed by a parent/guardian and approved by your administrator.
To be eligible for exemption, you need to have a 2.5 GPA (in 2018/19 1st semester) with no D’s or F’s and not have any discipline issues. You are required to attend Study Hall until it has been removed from your schedule. Study Hall Exemption Form
- Mark your calendars! Key Club is having a coat drive January 14-25th. Each coat you donate will enter you into a drawing for a chance to win one of three $25 dollar gift cards to a local business of your choice! The coats will go to Muskie Locker and MCSA. Give back to your community this winter season – check your closets for coats to donate during winter break!
- December 21st – Early Out @ 1:30 pm. Buses will pick up at 1:30. Students waiting for buses need to wait in the Cafeteria or Library.
- Senior Survivor 2019: Seniors interested in participating in Senior Survivor, March 4th-8th, should pick up a packet at the Attendance Center. Sign-up forms are due to Mrs. Walsh in room 12-008 by Friday, January 11th at 3:30 pm. Fundraising for one of the final six spots in Senior Survivor cannot begin until cleared by Mrs. Fallon and Mrs. Walsh on Monday, January 14th. If you have any questions, feel free to email Mrs. Fallon ([email protected]) or Mrs. Walsh ([email protected]).
- Cafeteria Schedule for Dec. 17-21
Library Cafe will be closed December 17 – 21
Lunchbox will be closed December 19 – 21
Nirvana will be closed December 21
Sub line will close December 19
Tailgaters & Taste of Italy will be closed at lunch time December 20 & 21
Passport will be closed on December 21
Tailgaters will serve breakfast only on December 20
Passport end will serve December 21 breakfast and sack lunches at 10 am
- The Muskie Library will have extended hours for finals week again! During finals week (Monday December 17th through Wednesday, December 19th) the library will be open from 7:30am – 7:00pm. Students are encouraged to come use the extra study time to prepare for semester tests or final projects – FREE snacks (brain food) will be served from 5:00-7:00pm every night. Good Luck, Muskie Nation!
- Support MHS Wrestling: Wrestling T-shirts & Sweatshirts for Sale. Deadline to order is Dec. 20.
T-shirts: $17 Front Design, Back Design
Crewneck Sweatshirts: $26
To order, contact Shayleen Perez: [email protected] or Hope Reichert: [email protected]g
- Seniors: If you need transcripts sent anywhere prior to January 1st, please have your transcript request submitted to Mrs. Edkin in Student Services prior to leaving for winter break as she will not be in the building until after the break.
- Overdue Library Books: If you have a library book checked out that is overdue, please return or renew it.
- iJAG 2018-2019 Fundraiser: Looking for a stocking stuffer this holiday season, or just a gift for yourself? iJAG is selling custom Muskie PopSockets for $10.00 each! They’re screened with the Muskie logo, and are available with your choice of a white or black base. We are raising money to give back to our community through service projects. Contact any iJAG Program member, find our table during lunch in front of Student Services starting Monday, Dec. 3rd, or e-mail the iJAG Specialist at [email protected] to buy a PopSocket today!!!
- CAPE Committee Members Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza is looking for adults to Co-chair CAPE (lead), Chair Publicity committee, and a Co-chair Treasurer. If interested or would like more information, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- MHS-Senior Year Checklist and the FAFSA facts
- Girls’ Soccer Open Gyms will be every Sunday starting Dec. 9 until the start of the season.
- Lost & Found is located at the MHS Attendance Center. If you have lost an item, please inquire at the Attendance Center.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out! Items ordered now will be ready before Christmas.
- Seniors – FAFSA Completion: You can stop by Ms. Beran’s office in Student Services or email at [email protected] to schedule a time to meet. Even if you are undecided on a college, you can still complete the FAFSA. Don’t wait until last minute! https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Student Parking Tags: In order to park on school grounds at MHS, it is required that you purchase and display a parking tag. Parking tags may be purchased at the Attendance Office after presenting a completed “MHS Vehicle Registration” form. The cost is $25.00. Failure to purchase and display a parking tag will result in a $5 fine for each offense.
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Annual Orchestra Flower Card Fundraiser: Every month, the customer takes the card and goes to The Flower Gallery for a free flower bouquet. Or, in lieu of the monthly flower bouquet, the cardholder can choose to take $10 OFF a $25 purchase. The cost of the card is $40. Cash payment is fine, or checks can be written to the Muscatine Orchestra Boosters.
This is a great gift because you essentially are giving someone a bouquet of flowers every month! Please let Jessica Blanchard ([email protected]) know if you would like to order one and she will get it to you ASAP! Thank you for supporting our students!
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers to help at our school carnival on Friday, March 8th. Students will be serving food, working carnival games, and taking tickets. The times will be from 4-7:30pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Madison elementary is looking for MHS student volunteers who love STEM to help facilitate a small group of STEM activities in our gym. The date is April 9th from 5-7pm. Please email [email protected] if interested.
- Bickford Senior Living is looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Students who may be interested in calling Bingo on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 1:20p-2:30p or students who could sit with a resident while they play Bingo those same days and times.
- Students who would want to play Scrabble, board games, and/or card games or do crafts. Times for these would be Monday thru Friday 2:30p-4:30p (or split it up). We also have Monday thru Friday available for those activities 10am-11:45am.
- If interested, please contact Kelly Newcomb at 263-6600.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.