MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
** Daily News & Information **
- Activity Passes: If you paid for an activity pass, this is included in your Student ID. Please pick up your Student ID at the Attendance Center before school, passing time, or after school until 3:45pm.
- NO SCHOOL: Monday, Sept. 3 in observance of Labor Day
- The next LifeTouch Picture Day is Tuesday, September 4th from 7am-11am in the Gym/Commons area. ALL MHS students & staff should have their picture taken for Student IDs/Yearbook. If you would like to purchase photos, the order form is attached. LifeTouch Picture Order Form
- YOGA: Yoga will begin for any interested student or staff member on Wed., Sept 5th in Room 22-007. More information will be provided on available times.
- Parks and Recreation is looking for a few positions to fill this fall that could be great opportunities for both teachers and high school students. The program we need immediate help with is Little Muskies Football, a program for children ages 4-7. The program is introductory and is not a tackle football program. Classes would take place from 5:30 – 6:30 pm on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning September 17 through October 9. We are in need of an instructor and a program aide for this class.
Other programs through the fall and winter that need both instructors and aides include volleyball, basketball, soccer, and tee-ball. Instructors start at $12.00/hour while Program Aides (minimum age 14) start at $7.50/hour. These positions are great for a first job, a little something extra to keep busy, or getting more involved in the community. An extra perk for teachers is that hours worked in Parks and Recreation can contribute to IPERS! Fall-Winter Job Flyer
- Summer is newly over and summer attire is somewhat a thing of the past. Please remember that at school a dress code applies. The policy is explained in the student handbook. Just a reminder that if you are wearing unacceptable school attire, it will be addressed.
- As we are adjusting to a new lunch schedule, just a reminder that there are only three areas that are allowed for lunch. Those are the cafeteria, Commons and library/Cafe’. Once you have selected an area for the day, you are expected to stay in that area for the remainder of the lunch period.
- Model UN: If you’re interested in participating in Model UN this year, come to the kickoff meeting this Friday, August 31st during Muskie Time. We’ll meet in Ms. Hansen’s room (11-024).
- Girls’ Basketball: If you plan to play basketball this year, join us for the pre-season meeting on Tuesday, September 4th during Muskie Time in Ms. Hansen’s room (11-024). We will hand out open gym schedules.
- The Yearbook staff have several extra yearbooks from the previous years: 2012-2013, 2013-2014 & 2015-2016. We will sell them for $20. Please contact Ms. Brown at [email protected] if interested.
- Students should enter through the Commons door entrance if being dropped off. If students are late, enter through the Main Entrance and check in at the Attendance Center. As a reminder, students should stay in the Commons, Cafeteria, and New Wing open areas prior to school starting. You should not be walking the halls.
- Homecoming Shirts are now in! They can be ordered on our online store at: https://stores.teamelitesports.com/muscatine_homecoming
Remember, shirt orders must be completed by next Tuesday, September 4th! They will be delivered to the school by September 19th. If you would like to order, but can only pay in cash, please contact Mrs. Meineke in the Athletic office. Homecoming T-shirt
- Muscatine varsity football apparel is now available to order! Support the team and show your Muskie spirit!
- Short sleeve t-shirt/$13
- Long sleeve t-shirt/$17
Add $0.50 per letter for a name on the back and $3 for products size XXL+
- Contact: Vada Fridley, [email protected] to place your order. Payment (cash or checks) should be given to Vada Fridley for all orders. You can find her before school in the Cafeteria or during B Lunch in the Library. Please make all checks payable to Berlin’s.
- McDonalds is hiring!
- TEXT keyword Apply04761 to 36453 or www.mcdonalds.com/careers
- Grab an application inside the restaurant today!
- Flexible scheduling, shifts as little as 3 hours to meet your needs
- Fun, fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Competitive starting pay
- Uniforms provided
- Meal Discounts
- Management opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) benefits
- COLLEGE TUITION ASSISTANCE UP TO $3,000/YEAR
- Family members of our McDonald’s Team Members can also earn their High School Diplomas at no cost through McDonald’s!Your Muscatine McDonald’s is Hiring Exceptional Team Members!
We proudly offer:
How to apply:
As a THANK YOU for your business, mention that your saw us in the newsletter on your next McDonald’s visit and enjoy free cookies with the purchase of any Extra Value Meal! One per order and this offer expires Sept. 4, 2-18! GOOOO MUSKIES!
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
Wrestling Fall Open Mat Schedule:Mondays 6:00-7:00 PM (evenings)Tuesdays 6:00-7:00 AM (mornings)Weds & Thurs 4:00-5:00 PM (after school)
- Silver Cord Opportunities: See Silver Cord section below
- MHS Homecoming game is on Sept. 21st. Homecoming Dance is on Sept. 22nd starting at 9 pm in the MHS Gym.
- Activity Punch Cards for the general public can be purchased at the Attendance Center or at any sporting or concert event. 10 punches for $40 and can be shared among family or friends! Get yours today and save money!
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
- Muskies School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Scholarships **
For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
2018-19 Curriculum Guide: 2018-19 Curriculum Guide
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.