MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
2018-19 2nd Semester Finals Schedule: 2018-19 2nd Semester Finals Schedule
Prom/CAPE Guest Form: Stop in AP Office, Rm 12-001 to pick up a form. Forms due by April 24 .
Prom: May 4 @ Merrill Hotel 8-11pm (Tickets on sale thru April 26th -$20 per ticket)
CAPE: May 4 starting at 11:30pm @ MHS until May 5 @3:30am (FREE but ticket is needed for entry. Release Forms & CAPE tickets available starting Tuesday, April 23 in Commons Hallway during lunch)
AFTER CAPE BREAKFAST: May 5 @ Calvary Church from 3:30-5AM A FREE breakfast for any student that was at CAPE.
Academic Award Assembly: May 1 – 9am, MHS Gymnasium. Parent are invited to attend.
Seniors Last Day: May 23
MHS Graduation: May 26 @ 2pm in the MHS Gymnasium (No Ticket Required)
** Daily News & Information **
- MHS Soccer Players (Boys and Girls): Soccer Work Day is Sunday, April 28th. Please meet at the MHS STADIUM at 12:45pm. Please wear your soccer practice shirt and tennis shoes — NO sandals or flip flops! You will work until 4:30pm then return to MHS Cafeteria for pizza.
- YOGA this week:
Wednesday: 5th, 6th, 7th
Friday: Muskie, 5th, 6th, 7th
- Academic Awards Assembly: Wednesday, May 1st @ 9:00 am in the MHS gymnasium. Parents are invited to the Awards Assembly.
- ISASP Testing will take place for 9th, 10th, & 11th grade students on Thursday, April 25th from 8:30-11AM. Students need a charged laptop for testing and need to check adaptive scheduler for their testing location. Following testing, we will run a modified class schedule beginning at 11:00AM. ISASP Testing Schedule
Early bird classes will run as usual for all grade levels. 12th grade students do not need to report until 11:00AM on April 25th.
- Student-Athlete College Commitment Ceremony: MHS will be hosting a ceremonial recognition Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 12:15 pm in MHS Auditorium to acknowledge all senior athletes who will continue playing at the next level. Documentation should be to the Activities Office by 3pm on Friday, May 11th to be included in the ceremony.
College Commit Ceremony Criteria
- Attention MHS Students: Posted outside Student Services are the ID #’s of the students who qualify for an Academic Award and/or Perfect Attendance. Please check the lists to see if you are on the appropriate list before April 26th, 2019.
Students listed will be recognized at the Academic Awards Assembly on Wednesday, May 1st @ 9:00 am in the gym. Parents are also invited to the Awards Assembly.
Qualifications for Academic Awards are:
- Sophomore who has 3 consecutive semesters of 3.0 GPA and above.
- Junior who has 5 consecutive semesters of 3.0 GPA and above.
- Senior who has 7 consecutive semesters of 3.0 GPA and above.
- PENNY WARS! for victims of flooding in Iowa, Monday, Apr. 29 – Friday, May 3 before and after school and during lunch. Donate your extra pennies to your class jug to add points to your class; put dollars or other change in other classes to subtract points from their total. The team with the winning points gets free ice cream on Friday, May 10th. Please consider the flood victims in Iowa and donate what you can to the cause!
- Join us for the Iowa Premier of Roald Dahl’s MATILDA the Musical on April 25, 26 & 27 at 7:00pm and April 27 at 2:00 pm! MHS Drama Department presents this award-winning adaptation of the classic novel – the story of an extraordinary girl who uses her imagination, intelligence and psychokinetic powers to change her destiny. Packed with high-energy, catchy music and plenty of humor, this imaginative show is guaranteed to entertain! Held at the MHS Auditorium. Tickets will be available at the door (credit/debit can be accepted) starting 45 minutes prior to curtain. You may pre-order reserved seat tickets by using this form and following the instructions: MATILDA Ticket Order Form www.muskiedrama.wordpress.com
- Prom tickets are now on sale! Tickets are $20 each and will be sold before and after school in front of Student Services until Friday, April 26th. Tickets will be on sale ALL DAY on Friday, April 26 until 4pm. Tickets will NOT be sold after April 26th, NO EXCEPTIONS. Also, only 550 tickets will be sold so make sure to get yours soon! Prom is on May 4 from 8-11pm at the Merrill Hotel.
- Juniors & Seniors: CAPE Release Forms & Tickets are available in the Gym/Commons Hallway during lunch until May 3rd. CAPE is a FREE, FUN event but a ticket is required for entry. CAPE will be held at MHS starting on May 4 @ 11:30pm until 3:30am on May 5th.
- Juniors & Seniors: Prom/Cape Guest Forms are available to be picked up in the AP office (12-001). Any student from another school, or a previous graduate under the age of 21, attending as a GUEST will need to complete a guest form. Current students must be a JUNIOR or a SENIOR in good standing. This form must be returned to the MHS Assistant Principals’ office by the end of the day on April 24, 2019. NO FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER APRIL 24, 2019.
- FFA Plant Sale (held in the MHS Greenhouse) FFA Plant Sale Info
All above times are 7:30 am to 6 pm
Saturday, May 4th: 8am to 10 am
- Boys’ Varsity & Soph Soccer games vs. Dav. North @ Dav. North have been rescheduled for May 6. Varsity at 4:30pm, Sophs at 6pm.
- College Decision Day is on Friday, April 26th in the MHS Commons College Decision Day Flyer
Family, Friends, & Community Members, please join us in celebrating MHS Students and their postsecondary plans. There will be a 10 minute social time at the end of each school signing where there will be time to socialize, eat and take pictures on our red carpet. There will be a Snap Chat filter specifically for Muscatine High School College Decision Day. We encourage you to take pictures with #collegesigningday (which is officially referred to as Decision Day in Iowa).
- 8:30 AM : US ARMED FORCES
- 9:00 AM : IOWA
- 9:30 AM : NON-REGENT INSTITUTIONS
- 10:00 AM : UNI
- 10:30 AM : ISU
- 11:00 AM : MCC
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to:
Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE
2705 Cedar St.
Muscatine, IA 52761.
CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May 4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
- Muscatine Race for the Schools – Saturday May 4th. The price will increase after Thursday, APRIL 25 – Register today – SAVE SOME $. Don’t forget about the MUSKIE Challenge – Run the Muskie Mile at 8:00am AND the 5K at 8:30am and get a special award!! When you register just mark “Both” for your race choice. You just pay the 5K price and you will get one shirt. Race for the Schools Registration & Info
- Volunteers needed for Race for the schools – go to Sign up Genius https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084faaa62aa2fd0-saturday . We need Corner Marshalls – you just stand at the intersection and alert traffic when the runners/walkers are approaching. It’s easy and you get a safety vest and a little sign. We have Police Officers that will assist at the busy intersections, but we need Corner Marshalls too. If you sign up – be sure to include your school, volunteers count for the school challenge. Volunteers who want to purchase a race shirt, please contact Kerry Dalbey – [email protected]. Adult volunteers shirts $10, students $5.
- TONIGHT! YMCA Senior Girls’ Sport Banquet – RSVP Needed: The Y’s Senior Female Athletic Recognition Banquet is scheduled for Wednesday, April 24th – 6:30 p.m. at the Wesley Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. Call Mel at the Y with any questions at 263-9996.
- New Silver Cord Opportunity: See Silver Cord section below.
- 2019 Muskie Volleyball Open Gym Schedule: 2019 Muskie Volleyball Open Gym Schedule
- Race for the Schools is on May 4, 2019. 5K Run/Job/Walk & the Muskie Mile Timed Run. Proceeds benefit MCSD Physical Education and Wellness Programs.
Race for the Schools Info & Registration Form
- MHS AP Drawing Exhibit – “Artmaking – Conceptual & Systematic”
First Light Corridor at Sunrise Gallery
114 E 2nd St, Historic Downtown Muscatine
April 5th – May 4th 2019
Exhibit Opening April 12th, 6:30-8:30 MHS AP Drawing Exhibit Info
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Wesley United Methodist Church is hosting a carnival at Franklin Elementary on Friday, May 10th from 4:00-6:00 pm. Volunteers are needed to help run games. Contact Sonia Baker at [email protected] if you are interested in helping out.
- The Muscatine Art Center is hosting an Ice Cream Social on Sunday, June 30th from 1-5pm. Volunteers are needed to help run games, work in the art studio and help with various crafts and activities. For more information contact Katy Loos @ 563-263-8282.
- Muscatine County Extension Day Camp Volunteers Needed: will assist a group of 3 – 5 youth during various day camps. May assist the instructor with setting up the camp or putting supplies away, plus other duties as needed with camps. Orientation will be held in late May of 2019 and at that time the volunteers will have the opportunity to pick which days camps that they would like to assist at throughout the summer. Please contact Dana at 563-263-5701 or [email protected] if you are interested.
- Muscatine Soccer Club is looking for high school students that would like to earn silver cord hours by helping ref soccer games for our rec program. These games are on Friday evenings between the times of 5-8pm. This starts April 19th and continues each Friday night through
May 24th. If interested, please Sarah Padilla at [email protected].
- The Race for the Schools is in need of volunteers on May 4, 2019. We would love to have some high school students who would like some silver cord hours. To volunteer, sign up at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084faaa62aa2fd0-saturday
- Stepping Stones Learning Center LLC is in need of volunteers to help with their carnival on May 23rd. from 9:00am to Noon. Time slots are available if you can not work the full time. They also are looking for students to come read with their kids during the day. Contact Jacob Martin 563-264-1871 or email [email protected] to sign up or for more information.
- Muscatine Heart Study located in the old Muscatine Hotel is looking for students to earn silver cord hours by helping them with their office work. Hours are flexible as they are open 10am-8pm Monday-Thursday. Contact 264-3886 for more information or to set up a time to work.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Summer Camps **
- 2019 Muscatine Girls’ 5th-8th Grade Basketball Camp – June 26-28, 9am-12pm @ VanHecke Center. Cost is $50. 5th-8th Grade Girls’ Basketball Camp Info
- 2019 Muscatine Girls’ Mini-Muskies Grade Basketball Camp (Grades 1-4) – July 10-12, 8am-10am @ VanHecke Center. Cost is $35. Mini-Muskies (Grades 1-4) Girls’ Basketball Camp Info
- St. Ambrose Summer Camps. From engineering to piano, high schoolers can find something great to get them excited about learning! Find out more or register by going to www.sau.edu/summer!
- PIANO CAMP: June 24-28, grades 9-12
Students will participate in daily lessons, group seminar, theory/composition class, piano ensemble call, and supervised practices. On the last day, campers will present a concert. Cost: $225 – Time: 5 days
- ENGINEERING BOOT CAMP: June 26-28, grades 9-12
Students will complete hands-on projects to develop skills in team working, problem solving, and communication.
Cost: $200 – Time: 3 days, 2 overnights
- FASCINATING HUMAN BODY CAMP: June 26-27, grades 11-12
Students will explore the marvels of human body anatomy using cadavers.
Cost: $75 Time: 2 days, 1 overnight
- PIANO CAMP: June 24-28, grades 9-12
** Fundraisers **
- Muscatine Japan Exchange Trivia Night: Friday, April 26 – 6:30pm @ Fruitland Community Center (104 Sand Run Road). $15 per person/8 people per table. Silent Auction, Raffle & Baked Goods Available. Contact Heather Clark at [email protected] with any questions. MJYEP Trivia Night Info
- Muskie parents, alumni, and supporters come out and support Muskie Football and have a fun night at the Muscatine Football Club SINGO Night on Saturday, April 27 – 6:30pm @
SS Mary & Mathias Catholic School Gym (2704 Cedar St., Muscatine). Adults Only Event (21+) Click link for more details! Muskie Football SINGO Night Info
Contact Angie Draves [email protected] or Stacey Beatty [email protected] to RSVP. A Silent Auction will be available throughout the night!
Email Bobbie Gerels [email protected] if you have any items to donate to the silent auction. All proceeds support the Muskie Football Club.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.