MHS Activity/Athletic Schedules, Rosters, Directions, Etc.
Activities / Athletic Website
2018-19 2nd Semester Finals Schedule: 2018-19 2nd Semester Finals Schedule
Prom/CAPE Guest Form: Stop in AP Office, Rm 12-001 to pick up a form. Forms due by April 24 .
Prom: May 4 @ Merrill Hotel 9-11pm (Tickets will go on sale April 15th -$20 per ticket)
CAPE: May 4 starting at 11:30pm @ MHS until May 5 @3:30am (FREE but ticket is needed for entry.)
AFTER CAPE BREAKFAST: May 5 @ Calvary Church from 3:30-5AM A FREE breakfast for any student that was at CAPE.
Seniors Last Day: May 23
MHS Graduation: May 26 @ 2pm in the MHS Gymnasium (No Ticket Required)
** Daily News & Information **
- Prom tickets are now on sale! Tickets are $20 each and will be sold before and after school in front of Student Services until Friday, April 26th. Tickets will NOT be sold after April 26th, NO EXCEPTIONS. Also, only 550 tickets will be sold so make sure to get yours soon!
- JUNIORS & SENIORS: Prom/Cape Guest Forms are available to be picked up in the AP office (12-001). Any student from another school, or a previous graduate under the age of 21, attending as a GUEST will need to complete a guest form. Current students must be a JUNIOR or a SENIOR in good standing. This form must be returned to the MHS Assistant Principals’ office by the end of the day on April 24, 2019. NO FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER APRIL 24, 2019.
- Yoga this week:
Monday: No yoga
Wednesday: Muskie, 5th, 6th, 7th
- NO SCHOOL:
April 19 (Non-Contract Day)
April 22 (Teacher In-Service Day)
- Teens could earn $225 for participating in the National Advanced Driving Simulator study through the University of Iowa! Novice Driver Training Info
To be eligible, teens must…
- Currently have a learner’s permit
- Are planning to get:
- A school permit at age 15 or older OR
- An intermediate license before age 17
- can attend three study visits at NADS
If interested or to learn more please contact Elizabeth O’Neal by phone at 319-335-4318 or by email at [email protected]
Mention study name: “Novice Driver Training” OR Complete our eligibility screening at: https://goo.gl/pXLzXF
- MHS LGBTQ meeting is moved to Thursday, April 18 in room 12-005. See Mrs. Kramer if you have any questions.
- Boys’ Varsity & Soph Soccer games vs. Dav. North @ Dav. North have been rescheduled for April 22nd. Varsity at 4:30pm, Sophs at 6pm.
- ATTENTION ALL JUNIORS, SOPHOMORES, and FRESHMEN: If you still have the older Dell Chromebook then you will need to stop by the tech office (located in the library) and have it replaced with the new Lenovo Chromebook. This needs to be done as soon as possible to avoid having your Chromebook disabled. Please also bring your charger (if you have one).
- Student-Athlete College Commitment Ceremony: MHS will be hosting a ceremonial recognition Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 12:15 pm in MHS Auditorium to acknowledge all senior athletes who will continue playing at the next level. College Commit Ceremony Criteria
- Race for the Schools is on May 4, 2019. 5K Run/Job/Walk & the Muskie Mile Timed Run. Proceeds benefit MCSD Physical Education and Wellness Programs.
Race for the Schools Info & Registration Form
- Soccer Work Day is April 28th. If you would like to hire 2 soccer players for 2 hours for $60 to do yard work, etc., please contact Dana Kraft at [email protected]
- Tickets now on Sale for Matilda the Musical! MHS Drama will present Matilda the Musical on April 25, 26 & 27 at 7:00 pm, and on April 27 at 2:00 pm in the MHS Auditorium. Advance seating tickets can be ordered at the MHS Main Office during regular school hours, or by sending in a Ticket order form to Rene Mauck at MHS. Tickets will be sold at the auditorium box office on show dates. Debit/Credit accepted at Main Office and Box Office. Please note that due to contract restrictions, no passes of any kind can be accepted. Contact Rene Mauck or visit www.muskiedrama.wordpress.com for more information! Matilda Poster
- MHS AP Drawing Exhibit – “Artmaking – Conceptual & Systematic”
First Light Corridor at Sunrise Gallery
114 E 2nd St, Historic Downtown Muscatine
April 5th – May 4th 2019
Exhibit Opening April 12th, 6:30-8:30 MHS AP Drawing Exhibit Info
- Juniors & Seniors: NEW DRESSES & SHOES JUST ADDED! FREE PROM attire — dresses, suit jackets, pants, shirts and shoes outside the Main Office – Rm 11-001. Check them out before school, during lunch or after school. Various sizes and styles. See Mrs. Borde with any questions.
- FFA Plant Sale (held in the MHS Greenhouse) FFA Plant Sale Info
All above times are 7:30 am to 6 pm
Saturday, May 4th: 8am to 10 am
- Senior Final Exam Dates have been changed to Tuesday, May 21st and Wednesday, May 22nd.
2018-19 2nd Semester Finals Schedule – Sr. Finals Dates Updated
- 2018-19 2nd Semester Finals Schedule: 2018-19 2nd Semester Finals Schedule
- CAPE Donations are being accepted! If you would like to contribute to CAPE, checks can be made out the MHS CAPE and mailed to:
Muscatine High School, Attn: CAPE
2705 Cedar St.
Muscatine, IA 52761.
CAPE is a FREE, SAFE & FUN way for students to celebrate their Jr/Sr Prom. Friends, FREE Food, Fun, & Great Prizes — what more could you ask for? Join in the fun and become a volunteer! If you would like to volunteer to work on the night/early morning for CAPE — May 4-5 11:30pm-3:30am, please email Amy Fortenbacher at [email protected]
CAPE Donation/Volunteer Letter
- CAPE Volunteers Needed! Carnival After Prom Extravaganza (CAPE) is looking for adult volunteers to assist on May4-5 with set-up, tear-down, games, food, poker dealers. If interested. If interested, please contacted, please contact Amy Fortenbacher at[email protected]
- MHS Bell Schedules (Daily, Late State, Early Release): 2018 -19 Daily Bell Schedules
- Driver Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) website – https://www.mbaea.org/en/student_programs/driver_education/
** Silver Cord Opportunities **
- Muscatine County Extension Day Camp Volunteers Needed: will assist a group of 3 – 5 youth during various day camps. May assist the instructor with setting up the camp or putting supplies away, plus other duties as needed with camps. Orientation will be held in late May of 2019 and at that time the volunteers will have the opportunity to pick which days camps that they would like to assist at throughout the summer. Please contact Dana at 563-263-5701 or [email protected] if you are interested.
- Muscatine Soccer Club is looking for high school students that would like to earn silver cord hours by helping ref soccer games for our rec program. These games are on Friday evenings between the times of 5-8pm. This starts April 19th and continues each Friday night through
May 24th. If interested, please Sarah Padilla at s[email protected].
- The Race for the Schools is in need of volunteers on May 4, 2019. We would love to have some high school students who would like some silver cord hours. To volunteer, sign up at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084faaa62aa2fd0-saturday
- Stepping Stones Learning Center LLC is in need of volunteers to help with their carnival on May 23rd. from 9:00am to Noon. Time slots are available if you can not work the full time. They also are looking for students to come read with their kids during the day. Contact Jacob Martin 563-264-1871 or email [email protected] to sign up or for more information.
- Muscatine Heart Study located in the old Muscatine Hotel is looking for students to earn silver cord hours by helping them with their office work. Hours are flexible as they are open 10am-8pm Monday-Thursday. Contact 264-3886 for more information or to set up a time to work.
- Meals on Wheels Volunteers Needed: Deliver Meals for Seniors Saturdays & holidays. Meals are picked up at Trinity. It takes about an hour to deliver a route. A route consists of delivering 8- 10 meals. Training is provided by riding along with current volunteers to learn route. A valid driver’s license (or a licensed driver to transport you) is required. Please contact Shannon Abel at Senior Resources today at (563) 263-7292 if interested.
- Food Service is looking for MHS students to help other students with breakfast cards & getting through the serving lines at elementary schools. Especially, Jefferson, McKinley, Franklin & Madison! Please contact Alisha Eggers at 563-263-7223 or [email protected]
** Summer Camps **
- 2019 Muscatine Girls’ 5th-8th Grade Basketball Camp – June 26-28, 9am-12pm @ VanHecke Center. Cost is $50. 5th-8th Grade Girls’ Basketball Camp Info
- 2019 Muscatine Girls’ Mini-Muskies Grade Basketball Camp (Grades 1-4) – July 10-12, 8am-10am @ VanHecke Center. Cost is $35. Mini-Muskies (Grades 1-4) Girls’ Basketball Camp Info
- St. Ambrose Summer Camps. From engineering to piano, high schoolers can find something great to get them excited about learning! Find out more or register by going to www.sau.edu/summer!
- PIANO CAMP: June 24-28, grades 9-12
Students will participate in daily lessons, group seminar, theory/composition class, piano ensemble call, and supervised practices. On the last day, campers will present a concert. Cost: $225 – Time: 5 days
- ENGINEERING BOOT CAMP: June 26-28, grades 9-12
Students will complete hands-on projects to develop skills in team working, problem solving, and communication.
Cost: $200 – Time: 3 days, 2 overnights
- FASCINATING HUMAN BODY CAMP: June 26-27, grades 11-12
Students will explore the marvels of human body anatomy using cadavers.
Cost: $75 Time: 2 days, 1 overnight
- PIANO CAMP: June 24-28, grades 9-12
** Fundraisers **
- Muscatine Japan Exchange Trivia Night: Friday, April 26 – 6:30pm @ Fruitland Community Center (104 Sand Run Road). $15 per person/8 people per table. Silent Auction, Raffle & Baked Goods Available. Contact Heather Clark at [email protected] with any questions. MJYEP Trivia Night Info
- Muskie parents, alumni, and supporters come out and support Muskie Football and have a fun night at the Muscatine Football Club SINGO Night on Saturday, April 27 – 6:30pm @
SS Mary & Mathias Catholic School Gym (2704 Cedar St., Muscatine). Adults Only Event (21+) Click link for more details! Muskie Football SINGO Night Info
Contact Angie Draves [email protected] or Stacey Beatty [email protected] to RSVP. A Silent Auction will be available throughout the night!
Email Bobbie Gerels [email protected] if you have any items to donate to the silent auction. All proceeds support the Muskie Football Club.
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- For a list of scholarships available at this time, please click on the ‘Scholarships’ link below. Scholarships are listed by the month of their due date. Scholarships
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2019-20 Curriculum Guide|
This information is provided as a free service to the community on behalf of the Muscatine Community School District.