Two Weeks of Love has been some of the busiest, most hectic weeks of my life. And I wouldn’t trade it for anything! I have had so much fun helping to raise all these donations. As it was my first Freezin’ for Food, I had no idea what to expect, and our first couple of days made me nervous for how the week would go. By Friday, all my fear had completely evaporated. Our incredible community showed up in the best way possible. Friday night we had several loads show up at the trailer and I felt overjoyed with how we were finishing up the week. Every person that contributed to last week’s Freezin’ for Food is helping to put a meal on the table of a family right here in Muscatine. Every donation made went straight to our Salvation Army Food Pantry to stock them up for the year of 2019. Because of each of you that donated, there are parents that don’t have to worry about how they are going to feed their children, and kids that won’t be going to bed hungry. YOU did that! THANK YOU, Muscatine!
About The Author
Jordan “Davis” Sheese hails from the small town of Aledo, Illinios, about 45 minutes southeast of Muscatine. Jordan’s experience in radio and journalism has allowed him to comfortably transition into the Voice of Muscatine’s environment. He looks forward to working with radio, video, and newspaper and is excited to dive into the community in Muscatine County. Jordan has already started to get to know Muscatine as he is the host of “Moving Forward,” a show which brings locals in to discuss various topics pertaining to the community and the county. Jordan is also bringing “Moving Forward” to print.
November 20, 2017
December 11, 2015
March 27, 2018
January 31, 2017
- Dense Fog Advisory issued December 14 at 8:00PM CST until December 15 at 10:00AM CST by NWS
- Special Weather Statement issued December 14 at 7:19PM CST by NWS
- Dense Fog Advisory issued December 14 at 4:56PM CST until December 14 at 9:00PM CST by NWS
- Dense Fog Advisory issued December 14 at 3:57PM CST until December 14 at 9:00PM CST by NWS
- Vacant home suffers $30,000 damage from Dec. 14 fire